This website is operated by South Cheshire Amateur BoxingClub (Registered Charity No 1202938). We take your privacy very seriously
therefore we urge to read this policy very carefully because it contains
important information about:
· Who we are,
· How and why we collect, store, use and sharepersonal information,
· Your rights in relation to your personalinformation, and
· How to contact us and supervisory authorities inthe event that you have a complaint.
Who we are:
South Cheshire Amateur Boxing Club (SCABC - 'we' or 'us')collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you.
When we do so we are regulated under the General Data protection Regulations
which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are
responsible as 'controller' of that personal information for the purposes of
The personal information we collect and use:
a) Personal information you provide to us
We collect the following personal information that youprovide to us:
Name, Date of Birth and Contact Information
Some examples of when we collect this informationinclude:
When requesting information about the club or enquiringabout joining
b) Personal information you provide about thirdparties
If you give us information about another person, youconfirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and
agreed that you:
· shall consent on their behalf to the processingof their personal data;
· shall receive any data protection notices ontheir behalf; and
· shall consent on their behalf to the transfer oftheir personal data abroad.
How we use your personal information:
We collect information about our users for the followingpurposes:
To keep a list of members, interested members otherpeople wanting to visit the gym
Who your information may be shared with:
We may share your information with:
· Law enforcement agencies in connection with anyinvestigation to help prevent unlawful activity
· We will not share your personal information withany other 3rd parties.
We would like to send you information about products,services, offers, competitions and our business which may be of interest to
you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone, text message or automated call. We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e. on purchase, signing up to a newsletter, entering a
competition etc). If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time (see 'What rights do you have?' below for further
information). If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want you can contact us using the details
Whether personal information has to be provided byyou, and if so why:
No personal information has to be provided by you to usat any time.
How long your personal information will be kept:
We will hold your personal information for the following periods:
For the duration of your membership and no longer than twelve months for non members
These periods are no longer than necessary in each case.
Reasons we can collect and use your personalinformation:
We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which wecollect and use your personal information:
The legitimate interests relied upon are as follows:
Membership of the club and registration for furtherinformation
Keeping your information secure:
We have appropriate security measures in place to preventpersonal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an
unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We will also use technological and organisation measuresto keep your information secure. We also have procedures in place to deal with anysuspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so. Indeed, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA:
We will not transfer your personal information outside ofthe EEA at any time.
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have anumber of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
· Fair processing of information and transparencyover how we use your use personal information.
· Access to your personal information and tocertain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address.
· Require us to correct any mistakes in yourinformation which we hold.
· Require the erasure of personal informationconcerning you in certain situations.
· Receive the personal information concerning youwhich you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
· Object at any time to processing ofpersonal information concerning you for direct marketing.
· Object to decisions being taken by automatedmeans which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
· Object in certain other situations to ourcontinued processing of your personal information.
· Otherwise restrict our processing of yourpersonal information in certain circumstances.
· Claim compensation for damages caused by ourbreach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights,including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK
Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on individual's rights under the
General Data Protection Regulations (http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
· Email, call or write to us.
· Let us have enough information to identify you.
· Let us have proof of your identity (a copy ofyour driving license, passport or a recent credit card/utility bill).
· Let us know the information to which yourrequest relates.
From time to time we may also have other methods tounsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example,
unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there
may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still
be received while your request is being processed.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern youraise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives youright to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the
European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live
or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The
supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be
contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ ortelephone: 0303 123 1113.
recent version that will apply each time you access this website. We will also
attempt to notify users of any changes by:
By notice on the website
If you have any questions about this policy or theinformation we hold about you, please contact us by:
South Cheshire ABC
Chuff Chuff Warehouse